The Open for Business Large Communities Award, recognizes the BC community with more than 25,000 residents, that best demonstrates their support of small business. A business friendly community is one that strives to
- Understand the needs of small businesses
- Make the community more competitive
- Attract and retains business investment
- Make it easier to attract and develop talent
- Recognize the local contributions of Small Business
- Reduce red tape
- Help small business access government procurement opportunities
Tell us your story about how you are supporting small business in your community.
To be eligible for the Large Communities Award, nominees must have more than 25,000 residents and demonstrate through their case study and business community support letter how their government is creating a progressive business climate through the cited initiative(s).