The Best Marketer Award is awarded for demonstrating the most innovative and impactful integrated marketing initiative executed by a BC small business. Through a multi-channel approach, this business demonstrates creativity and increases customer engagement, as well as proves positive results against measurable business goals and objectives.
- Integration: The business has successfully developed and executed an integrated marketing strategy with proven positive results, using both digital and offline tactics. Mediums may include, but are not limited to, traditional advertising, public relations, social media, content marketing, SEO, digital advertising, e-communications, contesting, video, etc.
- Creativity: The marketing campaign(s) have demonstrated creativity, originality, polish and appeal. The company has taken a unique approach to achieving their business objectives.
- Engagement: Clients/customers/community have been effectively engaged through the campaign(s), and positive results can be proven through metrics, such as impressions, clicks, conversion rates, ROI, web traffic, walk-ins, etc.
To be eligible for the Best Marketer Award, the marketing strategy and associated campaigns must be executed with measurable results within the 18-month period prior to the contest period (between April 1, 2016 and September 30, 2017). All nominees must have less than 50 employees.
In the case where a small business has hired an external marketing company or consultant to develop or execute their campaign, the small business itself must be the nominee. For example, if Café 123 hires Bob’s Marketing Firm to execute a marketing campaign, Café 123 can be nominated for the award. Bob’s Marketing Firm cannot be nominated as the campaign was not for their business.
Marketing and communications companies, consultants and digital agencies may only be nominated for a campaign executed for their own business. For example, if Bob’s Marketing Firm executes a marketing campaign to build their own business and clientele, Bob’s Marketing Firm can be nominated for the award. Bob’s Marketing Firm cannot be nominated for a campaign they created and/or executed for Café 123.
All SPAM campaigns will be automatically disqualified. SPAM is defined as the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media and digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately. Please refer to Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (Bill C-28).
To win this award, all nominees shortlisted as Top 10 semi-finalists will be required to provide:
- The specific goals, objectives and timelines of the integrated marketing strategy and how they align with overall company goals and strategies.
- The strategies and tools used to integrate online and offline marketing tactics across multiple channels.
- The strategy used to make the campaign creative, original and relevant to the audience.
- How the strategy increased customer and community engagement with the business.
- The investment the company made to execute the campaign, including staff resources and financial investments (i.e. advertising spends, design costs, staff hours, etc.)
- Proof of the overall impact of the campaign on the business (such as new leads and opportunities, conversion rates, return on investment and revenue generated) supported by the submission of metrics. Submissions may include: Google Analytics Reports, social media metrics, sales stats, earned media value, e-marketing metrics, screenshot examples of client engagement, etc.
- Explanation of the positive and negative external factors that impacted the results of the integrated strategy.
- Creative examples of the campaign executed.
The winner of the Best Marketer Award will be recognized with a cash prize of $1,500.
The winner will also be offered a one-year all-access pass to Small Business BC education resources and experts, and the opportunity for extensive media exposure.
Is your small business running innovative and impactful integrated marketing initiatives? Know a small business that’s awesome at marketing? Nominate them for the Best Marketer Award!
This year, we’ve partnered with the Province of British Columbia to host the Open For Business Awards. These awards celebrate communities that have created a business friendly culture, allowing small business to flourish. If you want to celebrate the achievements of your community, why not Nominate Them for an Open For Business Award?