The Best International Trade Award, sponsored by UPS®, recognizes the top company with an exciting and viable trade business that is contributing to the BC economy.
- Strong Markets: The winning business understands its international and domestic markets, inside and out, and can demonstrate how that knowledge will help it succeed.
- Innovation and Value: This business goes beyond simply importing and/or exporting; it adds value to its products and builds the business by doing so.
- Viability and Impact: This company helps build the BC economy by generating revenue in BC and creating or supporting jobs in BC. It can prove its viability and impact through past financial data and future projections.
To be eligible for the Best International Trade Award, nominees must be currently operating a business in BC that actively imports and/or exports from/to international markets, and has less than 50 employees.
To win this award, all nominees shortlisted as Top 10 semi-finalists will be required to provide:
- An Executive Summary that provides a good overview of the business concept, management team, product or service offering, target market(s), competitive advantages, marketing strategy, and a summary of financial projections.
- A description of the company’s international and/or domestic markets.
- The company’s track record of financial success: recent financial statements, which could include: income statement, pro-forma balance sheets, and annual cash flow statements.
- Company vision and goals for the future.
- The challenges/barriers the company has faced as a trade business and how they have been overcome.
- How the business has invested or reinvested in British Columbia.
- Examples of how the business stands out from the competition and is providing additional value through innovative measures.
The winner of the Best International Trade Award will be recognized with the Premier’s Prize in the amount of $1,500 cash.
The winner will also be offered a one-year all-access pass to Small Business BC education resources and experts, and the opportunity for extensive media exposure.