The Best Employer Award, sponsored by WorkSafeBC, recognizes the business that goes above and beyond for their employees. This company stands out from the competition by demonstrating outstanding leadership in the workplace. It values employee health and safety, to prevent workplace injuries, on the same level that it values productivity and customer service.
- Health and Safety: Shows an active commitment to continuous improvements to employee health and safety in the workplace, and in their industry. Encourages and rewards employees’ initiatives in this area.
- Profitability and Resiliency: Ability to balance revenue generation and profitability while providing continuous employment.
- Retention Practices: Demonstrates solid employee recruitment and retention strategies. Is committed to workforce development; employee training, employee safety/wellness initiatives, education/professional development opportunities.
To be eligible for the Best Employer Award, nominees must be currently operating a business in BC, be registered with WorkSafeBC and have more than one, but less than 50, employees.
To win this award, all nominees shortlisted as Top 10 semi-finalists will be required to provide:
- Company health and safety practices and tracking and measurement of their effectiveness.
- Strategies to ensure profitability while maintaining and growing employment opportunities.
- Recruitment and retention strategies.
- Employee recognition and moral policies/programs.
- The company’s successes and achievements over the last two years.
The winner of the Best Employer Award will be recognized with the Premier’s Prize in the amount of $1,500 cash.
The winner will also be offered a one-year all-access pass to Small Business BC education resources and experts, business mentorship from the award sponsor and the opportunity for extensive media exposure.