The Best Company Award recognizes the BC small business that best demonstrates exceptional leadership and a proven track record of growth and profitability.
- Profitability: Demonstrates exceptional leadership with a proven track record of business growth, corporate responsibility and profitability through financial data.
- Growth and Resiliency: Demonstrates the resiliency of the company, the scalability of the business, and how the company exploits opportunities for continued growth.
- Leadership: The company is a recognized leader in its industry and community. It empowers staff and management to contribute to the profitability of the company with innovative HR practices.
To be eligible for the Best Company Award, nominees must be operating a business in BC for a minimum of 25 months as of December 31, 2017. The company must have maintained, and be able to demonstrate, profitability for the last 2 fiscal years. All nominees must have less than 50 employees.
To win this award, all nominees shortlisted as Top 10 semi-finalists will be required to provide:
- A track record of profitability over the last 2 years which can be seen through the submission of financial data (top-line numbers, revenues, expenditures and net positions).
- The company’s vision and goals for the future, including plans for expansion.
- An explanation of growth projections and strategies for financing.
- The business challenges that have been overcome.
- A description of the business’ corporate social responsibility strategy related to the community, environment and staff.
- The company’s practices related to employee engagement, empowerment and competitive remuneration.
- Proof or recognition of the business as an industry and/or community leader.
Financial information is an important and quantifiable indicator of success for our judges, and is required for the Best Company Award. All information submitted is confidential.
The winner of the Best Company Award will be recognized with a cash prize of $1,500.
The winner will also be offered a one-year all-access pass to Small Business BC education resources and experts, and the opportunity for extensive media exposure.
If you’re looking for a unique way to show off your small business, or if there’s a BC small business you love, why not nominate them for the Best Company Award?
This year, we’ve partnered with the Province of British Columbia to host the Open For Business Awards. These awards celebrate communities that have created a business friendly culture, allowing small business to flourish. If you want to celebrate the achievements of your community, why not Nominate Them for an Open For Business Award?