The Best Apprentice Training Award, sponsored by ITA and KPU, recognizes the company that is leading the industry in training and development, ensuring the skilled trades community continues to grow in BC.
- Industry Leadership: The business is considered to be a leader in the trades community, who raises the bar in their industry for training and apprenticeship.
- Apprentice Growth and Development: Committed to helping employees reach their full potential through recruitment, orientation, mentorship, and training, including and beyond apprenticeship.
- Community Impact and Quality of Service: The business models quality workmanship, as a result of a commitment to training and apprenticeship, and can demonstrate this reputation through the profitability of their business.
To be eligible for the Best Apprentice Training Award, nominees must be operating a skilled trades business in BC and employ less than 50 employees and have a program that is registered with the ITA.
To win this award, all nominees shortlisted as Top 10 semi-finalists will be required to provide:
- An overview of the processes for training and development of apprentices in your industry.
- A description of the recruitment and retention strategies being used and why they are effective in the selecting of employees that are aligned with the company’s goals and values.
- An account of how leadership and mentorship practices help to engage staff and further their development.
- A track record of the successes and achievements related to your apprenticeship program.
- A demonstration of company resource allocation and activities that impact the workplace, staff, and community in a positive manner.
- Proof that your company is committed to providing a successful apprenticeship program.
- The company’s Unique Selling Proposition that differentiates it from other training providers in your industry.
- Testimonials from past participants of your apprenticeship program.
The winner of the Best Apprentice Training Award will be recognized with the Premier’s Prize in the amount of $1,500 cash.
The winner will also be offered a one-year all-access pass to Small Business BC education resources and experts, and the opportunity for extensive media exposure.