The Best Apprentice Training Award recognizes the company that is leading the industry in training and development, ensuring the skilled trades community continues to grow in BC.
- Industry Leadership: The business is considered to be a leader in the trades community, who raises the bar in their industry for training and apprenticeship.
- Apprentice Growth and Development: Committed to helping employees reach their full potential through recruitment, orientation, mentorship, and training, including and beyond apprenticeship.
- Community Impact and Quality of Service: The business models quality workmanship, as a result of a commitment to training and apprenticeship, and can demonstrate this reputation through the profitability of their business.
To be eligible for the Best Apprentice Training Award, nominees must be operating a skilled trades business in BC and employ less than 50 employees and have a program that is registered with the ITA.
To win this award, all nominees shortlisted as Top 10 semi-finalists will be required to provide:
- An overview of the processes for training and development of apprentices in your industry.
- A description of the recruitment and retention strategies being used and why they are effective in the selecting of employees that are aligned with the company’s goals and values.
- An account of how leadership and mentorship practices help to engage staff and further their development.
- A track record of the successes and achievements related to your apprenticeship program.
- A demonstration of company resource allocation and activities that impact the workplace, staff, and community in a positive manner.
- Proof that your company is committed to providing a successful apprenticeship program.
- The company’s Unique Selling Proposition that differentiates it from other training providers in your industry.
- Testimonials from past participants of your apprenticeship program.
The winner of the Best Apprentice Training Award will be recognized with a cash prize of $1,500.
The winner will also be offered a one-year all-access pass to Small Business BC education resources and experts, and the opportunity for extensive media exposure.