The Best Youth Entrepreneur Award recognizes the young individual (35 and under) that has founded a successful business in British Columbia. They have demonstrated excellence in the following areas:
- Clear Vision: Demonstrates a clear idea for the future of the business in the areas of business growth, corporate responsibility and financial data.
- Track Record: Growth beyond the conceptual stage to become an active business with at least twelve months of financial data.
- Impact: How has the business made a difference? The ideal business will demonstrate social, environmental or economic impact.
To be eligible for the Best Young Entrepreneur Award, nominees must be 35 years of age or younger on December 31, 2019. If the business is owned by more than one individual, at least 50 per cent of ownership must be 35 years of age or younger. The company must have maintained, and be able to demonstrate, profitability for the last one fiscal year. All nominees must have less than 50 employees.
Items Our Judges Will Assess:
To win this award, all nominees shortlisted as Top 10 semi-finalists will be asked to demonstrate:
- A track record of profitability over the last year which can be seen through the submission of financial data (top-line numbers, revenues, expenditures and net positions).
- The company’s vision and goals for the future, including plans for expansion.
- An explanation of growth projections and strategies for financing.
- The business challenges that have been overcome.
- The company’s practices related to employee engagement, empowerment and competitive remuneration.
- Proof or recognition of the business as an industry and/or community leader.
The winner of the Best Young Entrepreneur Award will be recognized with a cash prize of $1,500.
The winner will also be offered a one-year all-access pass to Small Business BC education resources and experts, and the opportunity for extensive media exposure.