The Open for Business Medium Communities Award, recognizes the BC community with between 5,000 and 25,000 residents, that best demonstrates their support of small business. A business friendly community is one that strives to
- Understand the needs of small businesses
- Make the community more competitive
- Attract and retains business investment
- Make it easier to attract and develop talent
- Recognize the local contributions of Small Business
- Reduce red tape
- Help small business access government procurement opportunities
Tell us your story about how you are supporting small business in your community.
To be eligible for the Medium Communities Award, nominees must have between 5,000 and 25,000 residents and demonstrate through their case study and business community support letter how their government is creating a progressive business climate through the cited initiative(s).
Nominations have closed for this category. Thank you to all our nominees for their applications!