Located in the center of the province, Prince George is the largest city in the region and the service and supply hub for nearly 320,000 people in northern BC.
Prince George businesses are exceptional and have been able to capitalize on advantages unique to the region, but the City has also been extremely proactive in developing an “Open for Business” environment. In 2016, 96% of investment to the city came from the private sector, which is an all-time high. Initiatives the City has undertaken include, but are not limited to:
- Multi-Family Incentives (10-year tax exemption)
- Downtown Incentives (10-year tax exemption)
- Downtown Facade Grant (Partnership between City, Downtown Business Improvement Association, and Northern Development Initiative Trust)
- Foodie Fridays (BC award-winning food market)
- Move Up Prince George (2-time award-winning workforce marketing campaign)
- BizRide (Partnership with the Chamber of Commerce)