The Best Emerging Entrepreneur Award, sponsored by Yellow Pages, recognizes an individual who contributes to the social, cultural and economic well-being of their communities. This individual has demonstrated community leadership and entrepreneurial initiative, and has a strong vision for change.
- Vision: Displays a defined aspiration and intent of creating meaningful change in the individual’s chosen area of work, and is seen by peers as a thought and action leader.
- Community Contribution: The body of work of the individual is focused around building and supporting their communities.
- Entrepreneurial Initiative: Uses business as a means of creating change by developing a start-up venture that directs its profit towards social impact, defined as social, environmental, or cultural purposes.
To be eligible for the Best Emerging Entrepreneur Award, nominees must be operating a socially-minded start-up venture, including, but not limited to, a social enterprise or social venture, for less than 12 months, with less than 50 employees.
To win this award, all nominees shortlisted as Top 10 semi-finalists will be required to provide:
- Description of the individual’s vision for change and the plan for how the vision will be created and executed
- Description of the entrepreneurial initiative, including a thorough Executive Summary identifying the products/services, customer profiling, market and competitive analysis, marketing strategy, and a summary of financial projections
- Explanation of how social impact is created, how it leads change in the community and how that impact/change is measured or planned to be measured
- Three peer references that consider the individual to be a thought and action leader
The winner of the Best Emerging Entrepreneur Award will be recognized with the Premier’s Prize in the amount of $1,500 cash.
The winner will also be offered a one-year all-access pass to Small Business BC education resources and experts, business mentorship from the award sponsor and the opportunity for extensive media exposure.