Passion with a Purpose.
The Best Community Impact Award goes to the company that’s truly making a difference in their community. This business has taken positive action to invest in their community and sees social responsibility as an integral part of the business’ success.
- Community Impact Strategies: Business operations demonstrate a positive impact in the community in which the business operates.
- Triple Bottom Line Metrics: The social, environmental and financial outcomes of corporate social responsibility are measurable.
- Diversity: The business models diversity and inclusion in the workplace and in business decision-making.
- Leadership: The business is considered to be a leader in new ways of doing business while doing good.
To be eligible for the Best Community Impact Award, nominees must have been in operation for a minimum of 12 months in BC. All nominees must have less than 50 employees.
Businesses can be non-profits, social enterprises, or for-profit organizations.
To win this award, all nominees shortlisted as Top 10 semi-finalists will be required to provide:
- Descriptions of the specific activities the business engages in that have a positive impact on the community.
- How the business has invested or reinvested in the community.
- Measurement of the social, environmental and financial outcomes of the business.
- Examples of the company’s diversity and inclusion work.
- Three peer references that consider the business to be a community leader.
- Examples of how the business has had a positive impact on the local community.
The winner of the Best Community Impact Award will be recognized with a cash prize of $1,500.
The winner will also be offered a one-year all-access pass to Small Business BC education resources and experts, and the opportunity for extensive media exposure.